♥a pretty Elf Guardian ♥ his armour! *-*
Lord of the Rings Reread: The Houses Of Healing
"Éowyn Éomund’s daughter, awake! For your enemy has passed away!"
She did not stir, but now she began again to breathe deeply, so that her breast rose and fell beneath the white linen of the sheet. Once more Aragorn bruised two leaves of athelas and cast them into steaming water; and he laved her brow with it, and her right arm lying cold and nerveless on the coverlet.
Then, whether Aragorn had indeed some forgotten power of Westernesse, or whether it was but his words of the Lady Éowyn that wrought on them, as the sweet influence of the herb stole about the chamber it seemed to those who stood by that a keen wind blew through the window, and it bore no scent, but was an air wholly fresh and clean and young, as if it had not before been breathed by any living thing and came new-made from snowy mountains high beneath a dome of stars, or from shores of silver far away washed by seas of foam.
"Awake, Éowyn, Lady of Rohan!" said Aragorn again, and he took her right hand in his and felt it warm with life returning. "Awake! The shadow is gone and all darkness is washed clean!" Then he laid her hand in Éomer’s and stepped away. "Call her!" he said, and he passed silently from the chamber.
"Éowyn, Éowyn!" cried Éomer amid his tears. But she opened her eyes and said: "Éomer! What joy is this? For they said that you were slain. Nay, but that was only the dark voices in my dream. How long have I been dreaming?"
"Not long, my sister," said Éomer. "But think no more on it!"
"You said that the roles you take are the ones you can’t get out of your head, that you can’t stop thinking about. When you were considering taking the role of Ronan, what was it about him that just made you go ‘Yeah, I’m so into this guy’?"
"He’s a complicated character and he’s changed a lot since he was first introduced in the late 60s, and I found that interesting that he is not a bad guy, I mean he’s in odds with the protagonist of the story but he is really just an advocat for the Kree and the Kree’s laws and he’s fighting for the justice of his people and I find that interesting, you can find those parallels in our world today. I’m bright blue, I’m not going too deep into… you know, too serious about it because I’m blue and fighting with my universal weapon but it’s useful to have those connections in your head."
Lovely graphic made by the amazing Kalyn.About
The Thranduilion Network: a network for lovers of Middle Earth, LOTR, The Hobbit, Tolkien, and of course, Mirkwood Royalty (and other woodland elves).Rules
- Must be following sindarinqueen
& buckypal*not required atm b/c of her hiatus
- Reblog this post to enter; likes won’t count
- Fill out this survey!!! (if you reblog this post but don’t do the survey, you will not be considered)
- Fandom blogs only please (multifandom is perfectly fine but Tolkien must be one)
- Please make sure your ask/submit is open!
- track the tag #thranduilionnetwork if you want updates
Talking to us also helpsWhat We're Looking For
- Tolkiendils with lovely blogs that are easy to navigate (tagging systems are A+)
- Clean, well-organized themes and posts
- Having an awesome URL is a bonus
- making graphics/themes/etc. is a plus but not required
- a kind, friendly blogger
- a great fondness for the King and Prince of the Woodland Realm
- (and any other Middle Earth beings)The Perks
- super cool friends (us, obvi)
- awesome new people to faun over Thranduil’s majestic eyebrows with!!! what could be better?
- new friends!!!
- hopefully more followers
- Help with polls, html, fics, promos, other networks, your love-life, etc.Once You're Accepted
- You will receive a message from either myself or Kalyn with further instructions on what we need from you
- (again please make sure you have your ask/submit open!!!)
- Follow at least 5 other members
- Have a link to the network on your blog somewhere
- track the tag #thranduilionnetwork for updatesOther Info
- New members will be added every few weeks or so
- Message either of us with any questions you may have.
- If you’ve reblogged this post instead, don’t worry. It still counts.
- That’s it; reblog away!
Quel marth, mellonea!
Let’s talk about the fact that of all the photos Lee Pace could choose as his brand new Twitter profile picture…
…he picks Lego!Ronin. XD
This maybe the best thing ever
thats a bag of chocolate milk
trying to convince myself this bag of chocolate wasn’t relevant and scrolled past it, only to think about it down the dash… what if I didn’t reblog this bag of chocolate milk and lost it forever, only to think about it at the most inopportune times and have no re-reference to re-experience the wonder, that is, bag of chocolate milk.
THE REAL ALIVE ACTUAL PERFECT HUMAN BEING NAMED LEE PACE GOT A TWITTER ACCOUNT
AND IT’S VERIFIED IT’S REAL
(here’s my twitter account btw wink wink it sucks but)
gO FOLLOW LEE HE IS PRECIOUS HE NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED